Friday, July 11, 2008

Old Spaghetti Factory Creamy Pesto Dressing

Opinions are sharply divided when it comes to the OSF. There are two things on their menu that I do like. One is the Mizithra Cheese and Browned Butter Pasta and the other is the Creamy Pesto Dressing. OSF sells the mizithra cheese if you ask for it, and that dish is easy to recreate at home. Now that I have the salad dressing recipe I may never need to go back!

Of course then SOME of my kids would holler for the macaroni and cheese that they serve. I still have an older child who orders off the kids menu to get it! Anyone want to guess who?

The Old Spaghetti Factory Creamy Pesto Dressing
3/4 cup oil
1 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 Tbs. grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
2 Tbs. basil, fresh minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1 clove garlic, minced
Hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)

Whisk together oil and mayonnaise. Add buttermilk, cheese, basil, salt, garlic and hot pepper sauce to taste. Mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate.

4 comments:

TRC Rockers said...

I love OSF's pesto dressing. Years ago I would buy the dressing from them and then make my own salads at home. But w/ the recipe I can have it anytime, yay! Great post, thanks for sharing. Let me know when you've mastered their tortellini alfredo! ;0

Kim said...

Rush??? I know my kids love it too!

James Wilder said...

OSF...yack!
My guess is Victoria!
OSF is a King Family favorite. It's too bad :) I'm anxious to try out the dressing though... don't know if I've ever had it.

Beth said...

JAMES!!! You get the gold star...Victoria LOVES their mac-n-cheese!