Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Birthday Surprise!

Birthdays have always been special in our family. As the mom I am the one who plans the birthday surprises, shops for and wraps gifts, plans the special birthday meals, contacts friends and family to attend the parties, cleans, cooks and decorates. It's a mom's job! And I love having one special day a year to focus on each family member and bless them with special attention.

I mentioned in my post "Teaching Children to Cook" that the time I spent teaching my children to cook is now blessing our entire family as they take on more and more of this responsibility. They are excellent at cleaning, cooking, laundry and taking care of the little girls. It is so neat to see them successfully doing the things that I have modeled for them and trained them in all these years.

It seems that they have mastered one more skill...that of planning wonderful birthday surprises and handling all the details that make those surprises successful!

I will be 42 on the 28th of this month and to celebrate my children planned a wonderful birthday surprise. They provided awesome dessert and gave me the best gift ever...a round trip air fare to North Bend, OR to spend nine glorious days with my best friend ever, Kirsten King! They even provided me with a generous spending allowance and assurance that all will be well at home while I am gone to Oregon Heaven. I leave TODAY and will return on the 28th! YAAAY!!!!

Many, many thanks to my awesome kids...Victoria, Susanna, Alyssa, Franklin, Olivia, Julia, and Nina and Ryan! You guys are wonderful!

This blog will sit idle for almost two weeks...I'm going to see my friend!!!!

11 comments:

East Coast-er Momma said...

WOW! What a FABULOUS gift! I'm so happy for you...I can imagine how blessed you must feel...I wish I could go and visit my best friend too...hehhe....Cylas is still to young to save up his allowance to send me off...hah

Kim said...

That is awesome!! you deserve it. and Happy Birthday too. I am a little jealous however since you'll be so much closer to my mommy than I. I'll be there soon though. Have fun!!!

TRC Rockers said...

The fruits of your labor have been justly earned! I am so happy for you! I know how much fun those 9 days will be. Please take pictures of the King's and their church. Happy Birthdat!

Kim said...

What a special surprise! Happy Birthday!

(I didn't know we were so close in age...I'll be 42 on the 22nd.)

James Wilder said...

HOW AWESOME!!!
You deserve every bit of birthday treatment and then some!

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday Beth!
Have a wonderful time with your wonderful friend!
Love ya,
Lisa

Carly said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Beth :) You deserve the best birthday ever! I love you lots...

TRC Rockers said...

Ok lady! Tomorrow it will officially be 1 month since you've posted. How could you leave us with wonderful "King" news and not share! Luv you!

MissionsAngel said...

You deserved every moment! I love you and appreciate you-you are truly a virtuous woman and I look up to you!

Lorraine Bertram said...

Beth,
I'm so excited I ran across your blog. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! What an incredible gift you received! You and Kirsten have always been couple of my favorites at TRC. So talented, beautiful and sweet!!!! Enjoy your vacation, I'm sure you more than deserve it!
God Bless!

diksha said...

wow it is nice blog thaks for sharing amazing thoughts.
health write for us