Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Little Sister!!!


I am an older sister and today is my little sister's 38th birthday! All our lives it was just the two of us growing up together. I have so many fond memories of times spent with MY SISTER!

My birthday is two weeks after Kathy's and I remember vividly her first birthday. I was turning 5 fourteen days after her special day and we CELEBRATED HER BIRTHDAY FIRST! The horrors! My almost five-year-old mind just COULD NOT understand this...I mean, I was OLDER! My celebration (meaning opening presents!) should be FIRST by reason of seniority! I remember crying and asking my parents why Kathy's birthday was first when I was oldest! My folks saw that I got over my indignation QUICKLY and learned to appreciate the fact that I had a little sister. In fact, I think I memorized the scripture about "rejoice with them that rejoice" over that incident! Oh, and "be ye kind to one another, tenderhearted..." etc

Now the injustice of it all is that she is still in her 30's and I am almost 42. How fair is THAT?? Still pouting after all these years! JUST KIDDING!

I love you, Kathy...you are precious to me...and you are NOT a doofus! Just saw this strip and laughed! I knew you would enjoy it, too!You are FUN, generous, genuine and one of my closest friends! I think I have laughed more, longer and harder with you than anyone else on this planet...hope your birthday is as fabulous, wonderful, incredible and spectacluar as you are!

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Julia and Aunt Kathy

1 comment:

TRC Rockers said...

I've always wondered what I missed growing up, being an only child. I'm staring to thik I missed a lot. . . of abuse, hand me downs, yelling. . .just kidding. Kathy, you're blessed to have Beth as a sister! Happy Birthday!