Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Tribute or Two...

Grandpa reads to Olivia
Blessed are they that keep judgement and he that doeth righteousness at all times.
Pslam 106:3
The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.
Psalm 16:6
Father's Day...is one day enough to recognize the man who raised me? Who taught me by precept and example how to live godly and with integrity? Who taught me to recognize the difference between truth and false doctrine? Who has lived a life above reproach EVERY DAY in EVERY CIRCUMSTANCE? The man who always had the right words to say and knew just how to say them? The answer is NO! A lifetime isn't enough!

I am 41 years old and my daddy has been my hero all my life. I am unspeakably thankful to be called a daughter of Rush and Mary Locke.

I love you, daddy!

Uncle Mike

Another man I want to recognize on this day is my Uncle Mike Bennett. Uncle Mike is actually my dad's best friend from Bible school and I was raised calling him uncle. Uncle Mike has been a loving, stabilizing, secure prescence in my life from my earliest memory. He taught me to ride a trike, prays for me daily and has always been a comfort to me. I thank God for my Uncle Mike.


Good friends for over 40 years. Whistler, B.C., Canada

Me and my sweetie

I am also thankful for David and the great dad he has been to all our children. No one works harder to take care of his family than my husband. I am blessed beyond measure to be married to this great guy! (22 years!)

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

AW how cute happy fathers day dad!!! great post mom