Thursday, June 26, 2008

Go figure...


Due to the local grass fires our air has been hazy to say the least. Each morning I wake up hoping for clear skies and fresh air. I have been disappointed every morning this week.

So...the craziest thing happened today. I was headed into the store and this woman was standing outside smoking a cigarette. She glanced at me and blew a plume of smoke my way. Then she proceeded to say "They ought to do something about the bleep-bleeping smoke in the air. It CAN'T be good for our lungs to breathe in all this smoke!"

At first I just stared at her. Then I burst out laughing...and agreed with her. SMOKE IS NOT GOOD FOR OUR LUNGS!!!!

2 comments:

James Wilder said...

HAHA!!
I hope we never have such blatant contradictions in our life. Hmmm...that'll preach sometime.

TRC Rockers said...

Oh my word Beth that is hysterical! I totally picture the wrinkley faced woman and you and a cart. How funny!