Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Binding and Loosing


And I will give unto you the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt
loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Matthew 16:19
If there is a force more powerful than that of a fervent intercessor, I don't know what it would be. Anyone who invests time in prayer does it desiring to see God move in the lives of those for whom they intercede. Many years ago when praying for my family I found that I only prayed AGAINST evil things, rarely FOR blessing. Disturbed by this, I began to search out a way to pray positively. I call this my bind-loose list and pray frequently that not only will God bind these negative things, but that He will loose the opposite blessing in the lives of those I love. There was a marked difference in the results of my prayers when I started to pray this way...I started to see the positive things I was praying for come to pass because I was being specific.
BIND LOOSE
Bitterness - Forgiveness
Strife - Peace
Slothfulness/Laziness - Diligence/Industry
Complacency - Zeal
Pride/Arrogance - Humility/Meekness
Love for the world - Love for God /His Word
Lust - Purity
Lying - Truthfulness
Deceit - Honesty
Discord - Harmony
Shame - Mercy/Confidence
Materialism - Sacrifice
Foolishness - Prudence/Wisdom
Anger/Hatred - Love/Gentleness
Rebellion - Submission
Disrespect/Dishonor - Respect/Honor
Disobedience - Willing obedience
Arrogant/Know-it-all - A teachable spirit
Sarcasm - Kind & gentle speech
Cursing - Blessing
Worldliness - Holiness
Doubt - Faith
Fear - Courage
Confusion/Depression - Peace/Sound Mind
Bondage - Deliverance
Dissatisfaction - Contentment
Distress/Sadness/Anxiety - Joy
Grief/Hurt - Comfort
Loneliness - Godly companionship
Frustration - Patience in tribulation
Impotence/Lack of confidence - Power/Boldness
Complaining - Praise
Danger/Evil - Protection
Sickness - Health
Fearfulness - Security
Weakness - Strength
Temptation - Deliverance

No comments: